Feb 13, 2009

Pay it Forward... kind of

OK, I saw this on my sister-in-law's blog, and I'm actually going to be bloggy and do it:


The first 5 people to respond to this post will receive something made by me to you. My choice. Made especially for you. Of course there are some restrictions and limitations:
1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
2. What I create will be just for you.
3. It will be done sometime this year.
4. You have no clue what it will be... it may be a story. It may be poetry or an article on properly cleaning your face before a masque. I may draw or paint something. I may bake something and mail it to you. who knows? not you, that's for sure.
5. I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.
The catch is that you must re post this on your blog and offer the same to the first 5 people who do the same on their blog.

The first 5 people to do so and leave a comment telling me they did will win a FAB-U-LOUS homemade gift by me!! Oh and be sure to post a picture of what you win when you get it!!


Disclaimer: I'm mostly interested in this because I have an actual resolution to make all the gifts I give away this year. No, I'm not kidding, and yes, apparently I am that masochistic. I'm just looking for some extra motivation to be a little more creative. But I'm never really comfortable with things that force someone else do something, so.... I don't really care if you do this yourself or not (even though I know that kind of negates the whole point). Basically, if you're interested in getting creative this year then go for it, but if you just want a free something made by me, that's cool too.

UPDATE: Congrats to Arnold, Katy, Courtney, Dan, and Jen! I've been thinking about some ideas and I can't wait to get started. Let's just say it involves puffy fabric paint, glitter, appliques, and lots of feathers! Here's a prototype:

I bet you all can't wait for your personalized perma-boa sweatshirt! Yeah for crafts!


OK seriously, I'll think of something cool. Look for it in the mail sometime between now and December 31st!

7 comments:

HeyBarmold said...

First. Booyah.

Courtney said...

Ohhh, I didn't miss the cutoff. AWESOME!!

Katy said...

I never miss an opportunity for free stuff.

Dan said...

Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee.

Bardsley Family said...

5th!!! What did I win?

Shelly said...

I already have that sweater so you'll have to make me something else. We made it at Enrichment.

Bardsley Family said...

Is it too late to back out now? I am not sure if I am cool enough to handle puffy paint. Oh but Todd is. Bring it on!