Apr 3, 2009

This week in TMI

*Consider yourself warned.


Yesterday I volunteered in Mia's kindergarten class. It was jump rope day. This simple exercise immediately presented a small crisis:

Why is it that I can run three miles with no problem, but jumping rope for 2 minutes results in the proverbial opening of the floodgates.

There should be a warning label on all jump ropes: "Attention all mothers: if you have had 2 or more children, DO NOT attempt to jump rope in public, or while wearing light-colored pants." This should be a law. I think I'll write my congresswomen right now. I hear they don't have much else to do.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

TWO Children? how bout when you find out your pregnant with your FIRST!

Neva said...

Oh ... I learned this lesson the hard way while wearing gray yoga pants and teaching my step class to do the jumping-jack interval. Luckily it was all women and they were polite enough to ignore what was happening. At the end of class I tied a sweatshirt around my waist and walked out of the gym as if nothing had happened. Way to fake it! So embarrassing ...