In fact, I'm pretty sure it's one of the Official Blogging Rules. Yep, #47. No Summer recaps after October 1st, sandwiched between #46. The words forever and busy must always be in all-caps (as in: "Sorry I haven't blogged in FOREVER. I've been so BUSY!") and # 48. Never let your blog wear white after Labor Day.
It shouldn't have to be said, but these rules are very important. Not only are they for your blog's own protection, but they also ensure correct emphasis so there will be no question as to just how BUSY you are. So, I guess that means no Summer recap. Besides, it's been FOREVER and I barely even remember what we did this Summer because I've been way too BUSY to post about it. (See what I'm talking about?)
On the other hand, (as the saying goes) rules were made for the purpose of finding loopholes so we can do whatever we want to do without technically doing anything wrong (trust me, I'm Mormon, I know all about this kind of thing, as do politicians). So, in the great tradition of loophole finding, I suppose I could just list the possible titles of things I would have blogged about had I not been on a break this Summer, and also had I not been so busy, I mean BUSY! That way, it's not technically a recap, but you don't have to miss out on even a moment of our incredible Summer fun fest. (And if that's too confusing or seems too compromising to you, you probably would not do well in politics.)
So here is the list of Bardsleyland Would-Have-Been Summer Blog Post Titles:
- Summer Vacation: 44 Days, About 88 Tantrums.
- Never Judge a Family Camping Trip by the First 4 Hours
- Faux Pas at the Neighborhood Block Party
- Our Family Garage Sale: Somebody Please Buy This Crap
- My Little Sister Visits, and it's All Fun and Games Until Sam Refuses to Eat in the Same Room as Her
- Is it the Hottest Day Ever, or Do I Just Have a Fever? Oh Wait, it's Both
- When Your Nieces Come to Visit for a Week, it's Best to Not be Boring
- Bardsley Family Reunion 2009, Rapid City, South Dakota: What's Eaten at the Family Reunion Stays on My Hips and Thighs Forever
- Vacationing with the Obamas: Our Trip to Yellowstone 2009
- "Old Faithful is Boring" and other memorable observations by Mia
- Reasons Why One Should Never drive for 12+ Hours in One Day with 3 Kids Under 6. EVER. (Let Alone Three Times in One Vacation)
- Miracles Do Happen: Sam Lives to See His 4th Birthday
And just because I'm feeling generous, here is the reason mentioned above to avoid long road trips with my kids: *Correction: In the beginning of this clip I say that we're 4 miles away from home, when we were actually 4 hours away from home. Small, but critical detail.